Ubuntu Open Week starts today and it is a fantastic opportunity for people to learn more about Ubuntu and the Ubuntu Community. Open Week is described as:
Ubuntu Open Week is a week of IRC tuition and Q+A sessions all about getting involved in the rock-and-roll world that is the Ubuntu community. We organise this week for the beginning of a new release cycle to help new contributors get involved.
In order to participate you just need to use your favorite IRC program and join the following two channels:
#ubuntu-classroom – this is the ‘main stage’ where you can ‘listen’ to the presenter(s)
#ubuntu-classroom-chat – this is the ‘microphone’ where you can ask questions of the presenter(s)
Here are some of the fantastic sessions that are scheduled:
- Getting Started with Ubuntu Development – Part 1 — Daniel Holbach
- Is your system Ubuntu Friendly? Contributing to the community hardware testing program — Daniel Manrique (roadmr)
- Ubuntu Brainstorm: Will your idea change the world? – Cheesehead
- How to Become a Bug Guru! – hggdh
- Using Unity like a Boss, tips and tricks – Jorge Castro
Keep in mind that the times listed are in UTC which may not be your local time. While it might be difficult to make sessions due to work or sleep if you are not in a nearby timezone the sessions are well worth it if you can clear the time.